Unit of Competency
The Construction (OH&S Induction) Card (CIC) training establishes general, industry-wide OH&S training and is a requirement for all people who work on construction sites, both domestic and commercial. This course provides you with the Construction Induction Card (formally Red card) now nationally recognised as the “White Card”.
The White Card will qualify you to work safely in the construction industry and should be completed prior to entering a construction workplace.
The Key Features of this program are
- Overview of OHS legislative and safety requirements for construction work including duty of care
- Compliance, and the penalties of non-compliance
- Range of common construction hazards and procedures for the assessment of risk and application of the hierarchy of control
- Key regulations and Codes of Practice
- OH&S communication and reporting processes
- OH&S incident reporting procedures
- Hazardous materials and dangerous goods
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- JSA’s / Permits
- Emergency / first aid procedures
This course prepares you to work in job roles such as
- Civil construction
- Demolition / Renovating work
- Building / Housing industry
- Mining industry
- Dogman / Rigger / Scaffolder
- Cable hauling
- Construction labourers
This includes knowledge of the following, as required to work in the construction industry
- Site and equipment safety requirements
- JSAs/Safe work method statement
- Signage – emergency and evacuation
- Fire prevention
- Confined space entry requirements
- Isolations (Lockout procedures)
- Traffic controlling
- Working at heights
- Electrical safety
TDT Training Australia does not issue the actual Construction Induction card. The card itself is issued by WorkCover Victoria. Once you have attended and successfully completed assessment for your course you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment that is valid for 60 days. By which time WorkCover should have issued you with the actual card, (sent to your mailing address).
The entry requirements for this program are
Applicants must demonstrate the basic language, literacy and numeracy required at this level. A LLN assessment is conducted at pre-enrolment to assess if you require support in this regard.
The competency assessment will be
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects.
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical placement based around workplace activities in a simulated environment.
Blended delivery consisting of online, face to face, and practical simulations.
As per the course calendar
Hallam, Bendigo and Sale.
Workplace venue by prior arrangement
6 hours (1 day)
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|
This program offers pathways into RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations