This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
The skills and knowledge gained from this course apply to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
TDT Training Australia offers this short course and issues AQF Statement of Attainment to successful candidates.
Listed below are the topics covered in this course:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
|Course Title:||Provide First Aid|
|Mode of Delivery:||e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment. Includes practical training and demonstration.|
|Assessment methods:||Written, practical demonstration and scenario-based assessment|
|Duration:||Minimum of 14 hours with 10 hours of flexible online self-paced learning and 4 hours of face-to-face training including practical demonstrations.
Note: Before attending the face-to-face training, students will need to complete their online / e-Learning which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student’s learning ability, they should allow up to 10 hours for reading and e-Learning.
|Certificate Valid:||36 months from the date on the Statement of Attainment
(Annual renewal of CPR certification is recommended)
|Note: every learner attending this course must have a physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor. If you have a limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call us at +617 3437 7500 to discuss prior to booking.|