Unit of Competency:
Multi Combination Vehicle:
A Multi Combination vehicle is a Heavy Combination vehicle with more than one trailer.
This course is designed to train drivers to a competent standard in both theory and practical, which will enalbe them to pass the relevant VicRoads testing criteria for theory, skills and practical driving in the category of Multi Combination.
Drivers participating in this course must have held a HR licence for a minimum of 12 months, and have a current HC licence.
One Day Course*
Student Instructor Ratio 1:1
- Applicants with an Overseas Licence must have written approval from VicRoads stating licence category eligible.
- Applicants on Prescribed Medication or with a Medical Condition may require a medical clearance from VicRoads prior to commencement.
- Clearance from VicRoads may be required before any Training or Assessment may commence.
* VicRoads criteria will not allow training on international licences (except NZ). Course Prices/times do NOT Guarantee a Licence.
Theory and Practical
- Road Law General
- B-Double Information
- Defensive Driving
- Loading MC vehicles
- VicRoads Theory Test
- Road Train Information
- Driving Tips
- Pre-Operational Checks
- 90-Degree Turns
- Braking Distance
- Following Distance
- Lane Management
- Uncoupling – coupling
- Fuel efficiency
- System of Vehicle Control
- Correct use of Accessories
- Maintaining Safe Speed/Safe Gap
- Highway Driving
- Gear Selection
- Economy Driving
- Forward, Offset Manoeuvres
- Cabin Inspection
- Load Restraint
- Theory Test
- Drive Assessment
- Skills Assessment (Reverse & Coupling, Cabin Inspection, Vehicle Inspection & Load Restraint)
Course duration/costs do not guarantee students will sit the on road licence test. To be eligible to test, students MUST first meet VicRoads criteria. If criteria are NOT met students will not be able to undergo the on road test and will continue to train for the duration of the course. Additional costs will apply if students book subsequent training and/or testing.
|Day Course (8 to 10 hrs) – One Day||$1,690.00|
|Heavy Vehicle Retest|
|Load Restraint Retest||$50.00|
|(On Road) Drive Retest||$300.00|
|(Off Road) One Reverse Retest||$150.00|
|(Off Road) Both Reverse Retest||$150.00|
|Hourly Training (Minimum 4 hrs)|
|Heavy Vehicle (MR, HR, HC & MC) per hour||$150.00|
|Assessment Fee (this can only be offered in conjunction with training)||$420.00|
|Weekend Fee (Applied per person, per day)||15%|
|Verbal Theory Test||$110.00|
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|
|Endorsement fee (payable at TDT Training or VicRoads) $32.00*
*A card payment fee applies when using VISA or Mastercard.