This course is designed to provide the necessary training and assessment that is required by statuary authorities to allow drivers to apply for or renew their bulk transportation of dangerous goods licence.
The Key Features of this program are:
- Hazards associated with dangerous goods and responsibilities when transporting them
- Identify and recognise dangerous properties of placarded loads
- Emergency procedures
- Identifying correct firefighting extinguishers and PPE requirements
- Australian Dangerous Goods Code by Road and Rail (ADG-7.3)
- Prescribed quantities of dangerous goods and requirements for vehicles to be placarded
- Segregation of dangerous goods
The entry requirements for this program are:
Depending on the State / Territory this may not be limited to:
- Relevant and valid driver’s licence (in your state or territory)
- Suitable driver traffic history
Note: Certificates of Competency issued from this course are only recognised by the competent authority for a period of six (6) months from the date of issue by the RTO for the purposes of issuing a licence. In order to apply for a Dangerous Goods Driver Licence, you also need a Driver Commercial Health Assessment – Medical Certificate completed by a qualified medical practioner stating that you’re medically fit to drive a dangerous goods vehicle and dated not more than 6 months prior to your application being made, your trainer will talk about it during the course.
You must hold a dangerous goods driver licence to drive a licensed vehicle carrying dangerous goods. Dangerous goods include materials such as: flammable liquids (petrol, kerosene, turpentine, flammable paints etc.), corrosives (hydrochloric acid), flammable gases (LP Gas), and non-flammable non-toxic gases (CO2).
Licence is valid for up to 5 years.
This course prepares you to work in your job role such as:
- Identifying dangerous goods by class and division
- Prepare for the transport of dangerous goods
- Transfer pf dangerous goods
- Transporting of dangerous goods
- Dangerous goods documentation
Pre entry requirements for this program are:
Applicants must demonstrate the basic language, literacy and numeracy required at this level. A LLN assessment is conducted at pre-enrolment to assess if you require support in this regard.
The competency assessment will be:
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects.
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical placement based around workplace activities in a simulated environment.
- Classroom based.
- Blended delivery consisting of online, face to face, and practical simulations.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
- RPL facilitates the progression of candidates through Qualifications by giving advanced standing for learning outcomes they already have achieved or competency they can demonstrate as already being held.
- RPL is appropriate for candidates who have previously attained skills and knowledge and who, when enrolling in Qualifications, seek to shorten the normal duration of their training and either continue or commence working.
- RPL is offered to all candidates during the Pre-Enrolment process.
A dangerous goods vehicle licence is a license that allows you to drive a vehicle that transports dangerous goods. Dangerous goods include materials such as: flammable liquids (petrol, kerosene, turpentine, flammable paints), corrosives (hydrochloric acid), flammable gases (LP Gas) and non-flammable non-toxic gases (CO2).
To get a dangerous goods license in Victoria, you need to successfully complete the relevant course. Transport Driver Training (TDT) runs TLILIC0001 – Licence to transport dangerous goods by road from several locations.
Transport Driver Training (TDT) conducts dangerous goods license courses across Victoria, in locations such as Hallam, Bendigo and Sale. These licenses are valid for 5 years and by completing the training you will learn how to safely operate placarded vehicles (eg. fuel tankers and other types of vehicles.) We can also help with dangerous good licence renewal.
Transport Driver Training (TDT) has dangerous goods vehicle courses available from $495. These 2-day courses involve theory and practical learning to ensure that you can safely operate across a range of driving conditions. For more information, feel free to get in touch with our friendly team.
Unit of Competency:
Note: this unit of competency supersedes TLILIC3013A – Preparation to transport dangerous goods by road.
As per the course calendar
Hallam, Bendigo and Sale. Workplace venue by prior arrangement
2 day course.
$495 Fee for Service
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|
This program offers pathways intoTLITransport and Logistics training package
$link = “http://temproxy.tdttraining.com.au/tdt/calendar.php?action=ajax&model=AdminTool&ajax=RetrieveCalendarPerCourseForWebsite&program_id=8”;
$content = json_decode(file_get_contents($link));