This course is designed to provide the necessary training in developing the skills and knowledge required to administer the implementation of fatigue management strategies, it involves the application of relevant regulations and the principles of fatigue management when administrating the implementation of an organisation’s fatigue management strategies during work operations in a defined workplace.
Fatigue is one of the leading causes or contributing factors to heavy vehicle accidents in Australia.
This nationally recognised course provides essential compliance information to all parties in the transport supply chain regarding their responsibilities in managing fatigue.
Fatigue management strategies, including tips on lifestyle choices and safety decisions while driving, are discussed and applied to real life situations during the course.
The Key Features of this program are
- Identify and act upon signs of fatigue
- Implement strategies to minimise fatigue, recognise personal warning signs of fatigue and apply strategies to manage this in accordance with workplace procedures, to manage safely throughout the trip
- Plan routes and schedules using industry best practice, to minimise fatigue
- Monitor the implementation of fatigue management strategies
- Recognise breaches of fatigue management policies, procedures and regulations
- Develop and assess staff competence in fatigue management
- Provide feedback to employees on any shortcomings in fatigue management skills and knowledge
- Report on the implementation of fatigue management policy
This program is suited to
All staff, in particular in the transport industry operating under Basic Fatigue Management (BFM) or Advanced Fatigue Management (AFM) schemes
This course prepares you to work in job roles such as
- Transport Drivers
- Loaders / Unloaders
- Transport supervisor / manager
- Warehouse supervisor / manager
The entry requirements for this program are
Applicants must demonstrate the basic language, literacy and numeracy required at this level. A LLN assessment is conducted at pre-enrolment to assess if you require support in this regard.
The competency assessment will be
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects.
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical placement based around workplace activities in a simulated environment.
- Classroom based.
- Blended delivery consisting of online, face to face, and practical simulations.
As per course calendar
Dandenong, Bendigo and Sale.
Workplace venue by prior arrangement
1 day course
- See detail below
This program offers pathways into TLI10 Transport and Logistics training package
Courses commence after Jan 1st 2017 at TDT are no longer funded by Victorian government (Victorian Training Guarantee). Students are required to pay full fee.
|Driver Course (1 Day contact) – One Day||$250.00|
|Supervisor Course (1 Day contact) – One Day||$250.00|
|Basic Fatigue Management (BFM) – Combined Driver & Scheduler (2 Day contact) – Two Day||$400.00|
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|