This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to carry out OHS requirements through safe work practices at any on or off-site construction workplace. It requires the performance of work in a safe manner through awareness of risks and work requirements, and the planning and performance of safe work practices with concern for personal safety and the safety of others.
Mandatory requirement for all ‘White Card’ Assessors
Under the assessment requirements for the new unit CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (unit required for the Worksafe “White Card”) assessors will need the unit of competency CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry to train and deliver the course – maintaining compliance and assisting in your professional development. For assessor requirements visit:
TDT Training offers CPCCOHS2001A Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry as a stand-alone unit.
The Key Features of this program are:
- Hazards and risks
- Duty of care
- Incident reporting and legislation
- Hazardous materials, signs and symbols
- Controlling risks
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Environmental requirements
- Types of fire and fire equipment
- First aid or minor injuries
- Emergency response and evacuation
The entry requirements for this program are:
Basic verbal and written English communication skills sufficient to read material and understand instruction Must have photo identification to enrol and participate.
The competency assessment will be:
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects.
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical placement based around workplace activities in a simulated environment
Upon enrolment you will be issued with a PDF version of learner guide mapped to the unit of competency requirements for self-study purposes. You must complete all workbook activities, project work and practical assessment tasks in order to meet requirements of this unit of competency.
Training delivery is blended. Theory is delivered face-to-face in a classroom setting and practical training is delivered in a simulated or workplace setting by a qualified trainer and assessor.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
- RPL is appropriate for candidates who have previously attained skills and knowledge and who, when enrolling in Qualifications, seek to shorten the normal duration of their training and either continue or commence working.
- RPL is offered to all candidates during the Pre-Enrolment process
Unit of Competency:
Commencement Dates: As per the course calendar
Location: Hallam, Bendigo and Sale.
Duration: Typically the training and assessment is competency-based and is a 1 day course.
Course Fee: $245 Fee for Service
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|
This unit of Competency can be used towards several qualifications if you decide to do further study.
Such qualifications include CPC10110 Certificate I in Construction, CPC20211 Certificate II in Construction, CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry, etc.
For the full list of qualifications the unit can be used toward, visit: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPCCOHS2001A