This is a general qualification for the warehousing and storage industry.
The breadth, depth and complexity of knowledge and skills in this qualification would prepare a person to perform a defined range of activities, most of which may be routine and predictable.
Students will gain knowledge and learn skills to:
- Follow work health and safety procedures
- Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
- Pick and process orders
- Participate in stocktakes
- Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- Shift a load using manually-operated equipment
- Participate in basic workplace communication
- Work effectively with others
- Carry out basic workplace calculations
- Clean up plant, equipment and worksite
Upon successful completion of 2 core and 8 elective units, AQF qualification will be issued to the student.
This program is suited to:
Individuals wanting to upskill and advance their career in the construction, warehousing and storage industry.
On successful completion a participant will have:
This qualification is achieved by ‘successfully completing’ all the nominated core and elective units. This can be achieved by participating in training sessions, completing assignments and by demonstrating your ability by putting the learning into practice under real road conditions.
This course prepares you to work in job roles such as:
- Store person
- Store Assistant
- Store Supervisor
The entry requirements for this program are:
There are no entry requirements. The applicant, however, must successfully complete an LLN assessment and a Pre-Training review prior to training to identify and address specific learning needs and support required if any.
The competency assessment will be:
- Knowledge assessment through written questions
- Skills assessment through demonstration/practical activities
Training will consist of face-to-face training in a classroom environment. Practical training will be given in a simulated or workplace setting by a qualified trainer and assessor.
As per course calendar
26 weeks – 52 weeks (Flexible learning)
Course Fee: $1,500.00
This is a pathway qualification and that prepares individuals to successfully undertake a sector-specified AQF level 2 and above qualification preferably from Transport and Logistics Industry Training Package.
No funding available.