This course is designed to enhance your understanding of the role of a traffic controller and provide the knowledge and skills required to apply the traffic controlling procedures on a worksite.
It also aims to maintain motivation and promote the role of a traffic controller in the community. This unit covers controlling of traffic with a stop-slow bat in resources and infrastructure industries.
It includes: planning and preparing; coordinating traffic; operating radios; and cleaning up.
The Key Features of this program are:
- Prepare for traffic control duties
- Co-ordination of traffic using a Stop-slow bat
- Planning and preparing traffic control
- Assess risk associated with traffic control
- Control and direct traffic
- Communicate by radio
- Correct usage of signage, devices, tools and equipment
- Shut down aspects of the site related to traffic control
The entry requirements for this program are: Although it is not a requirement to sit this course, a Construction Induction (CI) card may be required by the principal contractor of the
This course prepares you to work in job roles such as:
- Mining industry
- Civil construction
- School crossing supervisor
- Traffic Control Environment
This includes knowledge of the following, as required to control traffic with a stop-slow bat:
- site and equipment safety requirements
- traffic controlling
- traffic management plans
- traffic control signage and barricades
- radio operations
- equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations
- operational and maintenance procedures for equipment
- JSAs/Safe work method statement
The qualification is valid for 3 years from the date of the course. A refresher course will need to be undertaken in order to maintain the qualification after that date.
The entry requirements for this program are:
Applicants must demonstrate the basic language, literacy and numeracy required at this level. A LLN assessment is conducted at pre-enrolment to assess if you require support in this regard.
The competency assessment will be:
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects.
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical placement based around workplace activities in a simulated environment.
- Blended delivery consisting of online, face to face, and practical simulations.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
- RPL is appropriate for candidates who have previously attained skills and knowledge and who, when enrolling in Qualifications, seek to shorten the normal duration of their training and either continue or commence working.
- RPL is offered to all candidates during the Pre-Enrolment process
Unit of Competency:
As per the course calendar
Hallam, Bendigo, Sale and Sunshine. Workplace venue by prior arrangement
1 day course.
$245 Fee for Service
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|
Courses commence after Jan 1st 2017 at TDT are no longer funded by Victorian government (Victorian Training Guarantee). Students are required to pay full fee.
This program offers pathways into RII30815 Certificate III in Civil
Construction Plant Operations
Day 1: Jun 26th, Fri
Call 1800 350 320 to book now!