This course describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
The skills and knowledge gained from this course apply to all persons who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Learners will gain the knowledge and confidence to perform CPR on an adult, child and infant, to describe alternative methods for delivering rescue breaths and how to manage a victim of drowning.
The course topics include the DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations, managing unconscious casualties, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and using a defibrillator (AED).
TDT Training Australia offers this short course and issues AQF Statement of Attainment to successful candidates.
Listed below are the topics covered in this course:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
|Course Title:||Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)|
|Mode of Delivery:||e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment. Includes practical training and demonstration.|
|Assessment methods:||Written, practical demonstration and scenario-based assessment|
|Duration:||Minimum of 4 hours with 2 hours of flexible online self-paced learning and 2 hours of face-to-face training including practical demonstrations.
Note: Before attending the face-to-face training, students will need to complete their online / e-Learning which can be done in one sitting or over several sessions. Depending on the student’s learning ability, they should allow up to 2 hours for reading and e-Learning.
|Certificate Valid:||12 months from the date on the Statement of Attainment
(Annual renewal of CPR certification is recommended)
|Note: every learner attending this course must have a physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor. If you have a limitation that would affect your ability to complete the course, please call us at +617 3437 7500 to discuss prior to booking.|