Courses included in the package:
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation & HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
6 hours (face-to-face in a classroom setting)
*Learners must also complete flexible online written assessment prior to attending the face-to-face session.
Method of delivery:
e-Learning plus face-to-face classroom training and assessment. Includes practical training and demonstration.
154-156 Midland Hwy
Epsom, VIC 3551
(03) 5448 5515
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty
- Seek assistance from emergency services
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
Written, practical demonstration and scenario-based assessment
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation: Valid for 1 year.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid: Valid for 3 years.
Packaged Course Fee: $150
Successful learners will be issued two Statements of Attainment (HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation & HLTAID011 Provide First Aid)