The Certificate I in Transition Education is intended to support learners with permanent intellectual disabilities to develop the skills to find the most appropriate option for them in the community after leaving school. This may include employment, volunteer work or further study. The Certificate I in Transition Education is restricted to post compulsory school aged learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability In exceptional circumstances compulsory school age learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability may be enrolled in the qualification.
This program is suited to:
The Certificate I in Transition Education is designed for a range of learners with a disability/ disabilities or with significant evidence of a disability or special learning needs which impact on their learning.
On successful completion a participant will have:
- identified their individual future options for further training, work or community activities including identifying the goals and strategies to achieve them
- explored and accessed a range of support services and facilities including community and local government resources
- knowledge and skills which will enhance their continued further training, work and community participation
- developed interpersonal and self-confidence skills relevant to participation in the community
- gained an understanding of the nature of travelling
- independently and the support resources
- knowledge and skills related to using technology safely
- knowledge and skills related to working safely
The entry requirements for this program are:
Entry to the Certificate I in Transition Education is intended for post compulsory school age learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability.In exceptional circumstances compulsory school age learners with evidence of a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability may be enrolled in the qualification, provided the Registered Training Organisation can establish:
- the learner’s Secondary School is unable to meet their needs, and
- the learner has a level of behavioural maturity that would allow them to develop the communication and interpersonal skills to interact with other learners.
Permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability must be evidenced. Evidence could include:
- Formal assessment by a registered medical practitioner
- Doctors / specialist reports
- Attendance at a Specialist School / SDS
- Integration support at school
- Integration support at school with modified curriculum
While learners may also have the following conditions, these do not constitute a permanent cognitive impairment / intellectual disability:
- Social and / or emotional issues
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Specific learning difficulties
- Mental health conditions
- Physical disabilities
The competency assessment will be:
- Demonstration of knowledge through written answers and projects.
- Demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through activities in a simulated environment.
- Delivery consisting of face to face, and practical simulations.
Please call 1800 350 320
Bairnsdale, Sale, Hallam, Bendigo, Others by prior arrangement
9 to 12 months
$14, 140.00 Fee for Service
|Re-issue Certificate / SOA||$50.00|
Courses commence after Jan 1st 2017 at TDT are no longer funded by Victorian government (Victorian Training Guarantee). Students are required to pay full fee.
Employment and further training pathways include undertaking further qualifications at the foundation level, employment within supported employment environments or employment within the open employment market.
|Units of Competency|
|VU21776 Develop and document a learning plan with support|
|VU21777 Enhance self-development|
|VU21778 Participate in travel activities|
|VU21779 Investigate future options for further training, work or community activities|
|VU21780 Participate in community|
|VU21781 Use technology for a range of purposes|
|VU21787 Apply communication for a range of purposes|
|BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU101 Operate a personal computer|
|VU21298 Conduct a project with guidance|